46 of the 46 QSO Party contests have been completed!
Operators in the TOP TEN spots on the leaderboard at the end of the year will receive a special achievement award sponsored by Icom America.
Thanks to Anthony Luscre, K8ZT, the SQP Challenge leaderboard is now available in real-time. Click on the link below to view the SQP Challenge Leaderboard as of TODAY!
2020 State QSO Challenge November Report
We have completed the final QSO party of the state QSO party season. Although there is still time for reports to be submitted, it is clear to see that the final statistics will be amazing.
Highlights to-date (11/01/2020):
- We easily broke the million QSO mark with 1,358,939 QSOs reported to 3830Scores.
- We have had 1,038 operators qualify for the SQP Challenge so far, participating in 2 or more QPs with at least 2 contacts in each. Almost half (49.2%) of the total number of operators who submitted reports to 3830Scores qualified for the SQP Challenge. The remainder are mostly hams who only participated in their own state’s QSO party.
- That totals up to 2,110 operators who have submitted SQP reports to 3830.
- 94.6% (982) of the qualified operators attained a level.
- 97 participants attained the Diamond level (>50,000 points). There are 42 operators are above 100,000 points, once believed to be about the highest scored attainable.
- 183 have now made Platinum (>10,000 points).
- 114 have reached Gold (>5,000 points).
- 322 are Silver (1,000+).
- 266 are Bronze (100+).
- Half of the qualified operators reached 3,000 or more points.
- Eleven operators have scored an aggregate of over a million contest points in the QPs that they have entered.
- Of the operators who have entered in 10 or more QPs, K5KG has the highest average number of QSOs per contest – 424.
- KI6RRN is second with 325 and K5CM has 296.
- Eight others have 200 or more.
- The average of all entrants is 255 QSOs per contest.
- The average of all qualified operators is 95 QSOs per contest.
- 69% of all qualified operators had 50 or more contacts per contest.
- A quarter of the operators who did not qualify recorded over 500 QSOs in their one contest.
- 32 operators had “perfect attendance,” participating in all 46 SQPs. All 32 qualify for the Diamond award.
- 90% of all who participated in 40 or more QPs qualify for Diamond.
These numbers will be finalized after November 30.
Congratulations to all who participated.
Stan Zawrotny, K4SBZ
State QSO Party Challenge Administrator